Virtual Alumni Reunions
The alumni reunion at the IBA gives former classmates and friends an opportunity to rekindle their affection for their alma mater, connect with each other and relish the fond memories of the time spent at the Institute. As much as we would like to come together in these times of uncertainty, this hallmark event cannot take place, at least for the foreseeable future.
However, each adversity brings a number of opportunities with it, and COVID is no different. The world is adapting to a new normal and so are we. Instead of a physical reunion, we offer you a chance to hold a virtual class reunion with the help of the Alumni Department. This way we expect that more alumni will be able to join it from around the globe. Email us at
email@example.com or call us at +92-21-38102002.
How will this work?
- You need to discuss the idea of a virtual reunion amongst your classmates.
- Reach out to the Alumni Department with a date and time of your convenience.
- The Alumni Department will publicize the meetup on various social media handles etc., so other classmates who may not be in touch with you, may also join.
- If you like, we can try to arrange a few faculty members to attend the reunion.
- The Alumni Department will setup a Zoom meetup of extended time period (preferably between 60 – 90 minutes)
- I will be happy to join the reunion and talk to you.
- We may also invite the Executive Director to speak to your class on the IBA's vision for the future and answer any of your queries.
- We will encourage you to come together and set up an alumni scholarship fund in your class' name at the IBA for needy students. In the last one year, more than 8 classes and alumni groups working in companies have come together to set up such funds.
- Once the formal proceedings are over, we shall leave you to enjoy the company of your class.
I hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to connect with your IBA friends.
Alumni Representative on the Board of Governors (BoG)
Institute of Business Administration, Karachi